I have long heard of how well salted dark chocolate pairs with red wine (YUM!) So I decided to try my own hand at a salted chocolate covered almonds since I LOVE chocolate covered almonds!
- 12 oz Unsalted Almonds.*
- 2 12 oz bags of Semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used a dark/milk combo!)*
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Olive oil
- Coarse sea salt (I used red Alae salt from Kaua’i)
*I used closer to 20 oz of almonds and 2 and a half bags of chocolate to create an even almond to chocolate ratio.
- In a 3 quart or larger crock pot, add all the ingredients.
- Set the slow cooker on low. (Cook time may range from 30 minutes to 1 hour)
- Sprinkle olive oil as needed.
- Mix ingredients every 10 minutes.
- Once the chocolate is completely melted, turn off the slow cooker and prepare baking pans with parchment paper.
- Scoop clusters of the chocolate-almonds and place on the baking sheet, top with salt. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.Here, I paired a cluster with “Mele”, a red wine from Ulupalakua, Maui.