This is my go-to recipe for anything requiring chocolate cake! I found it on Pinterest, and I am SO glad I wrote down the recipe because I can no longer seem to find it Oh well.
Let’s dive right in!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup water (boiling)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl and keep aside.
- Add the cocoa to the boiling water and mix. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the butter. (beat for 2 minutes on high)
- Add half of the dry ingredients and half of the cocoa and beat on low for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and beat for 2 minutes on high.
For cupcakes, bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
This recipe calls for a bunch of ingredients and time, which most of us may not have a lot of. Therefore, by all means, substitute with your favorite chocolate cake mix. In all honesty, when I’m in a rush or lacking ingredients, I use Betty Crocker Super Moist Devil’s Food cake mix.
Callie & Gabbie