Growing up, my mother would bake DELICIOUS Oreo cheesecakes! It was a rarity that she would bake them, but when she did, I would devour as many as I could!
I found this recipe on Pinterest and gave it a shot for a bake sale, and it was a delicious success!
For the crust:
18 crushed whole Oreos (into fine crumbs)
1/4 cup unsalted butter- melted
For the cheesecake filling:
16 oz cream cheese- soften to room temp.
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup sour cream
1 Tablespoon flour
3 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate mousse (optional)
3 egg yolks
6 Tablespoons powdered sugar
1 & 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
5 oz semisweet baking chocolate chips
4-5 crushed oreos
2-3 Tablespoons milk
16-18 mini oreos for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake pans with liners (18).
- Stir together melted butter and finely crushed Oreo. Press 1 heaping Tablespoon of mixture into the bottom of each liner. Bake for 5 minutes and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until completely smooth. Add the sugar and sour cream. Beat on medium speed until combined. Add the egg whites, one at a time. Beat on low after each addition. DO NOT OVER MIX!
- Beat in the vanilla extract and flour. Spoon the cheesecake batter onto the crusts to make the cups almost full. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool at room temp., then store in refrigerator to cool completely.
- In a medium sauce pan, stir together egg yolks, powdered sugar and 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream, cook over LOW heat until it starts thickening and doubles in size, whisking CONSTANTLY! And I mean CONSTANTLY!! (If not you’ll fry your eggs. Trust me. It happened lol).
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until completely melted. Cool at room temp. and stir occasionally.
- Separately beat remaining 1 1/3 cups heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Whisk 1/4 of mixed cream into the chocolate custard to lighten. Fold in remaining cream gently, but thoroughly.
- Stir in crushed oreos.
- Stir in 1 Tablespoon of milk in the mousse is too thick for piping.
- Garnish with mini oreo (and whipped cream if desired) before serving.
- Store in refrigerator and bring to room temp. before serving.